My client is looking for an ambitious and experienced economic modeller who has a strong track record of designing models and leading projects and is capable of providing technical expertise to a team of economic modellers. Building on their previous experience, which could be either as an economics generalist with modelling experience or from a health economics background, they will have a hands-on role designing and developing models and quality assuring economic models built by other team members.
The day job
Working as a member of the senior team, you will:
- Develop methodologies/solutions for project implementation, build models and provide technical expertise to teams in the building of economic models with particular emphasis on cost utility and cost benefit analyses.
- Lead reactive business development activities, such as designing projects on the basis of a terms of reference.
- Supervise the development, delivery and submission of proposals.
- Establish project goals and supervise day-to-day project implementation for several projects, ensuring project profitability and client satisfaction.
- Quality assure final deliverables, providing constructive feedback and creating on-the project learning opportunities for project managers.
- Direct client and stakeholder relationships.
- Be involved in the professional development of a team of staff.
The successful candidate
Relevant economics work experience, ideally in multiple settings. This may be in consulting, healthcare, academia or pharmaceutical/device industry. Ideally we are looking for a health economist, who is an experienced HTA modeller, but we are interested in receiving applications from other economic modellers.
Experience of working in a fast-paced role with client & budget management experience, and with good problem solving skills.
A strong track record of designing and delivering economic projects to tight deadlines.
Proficiency in conducting health economic analyses (e.g. cost benefit, cost utility, budget impact).
Experience of managing project budgets, teams and a varied workload - always achieving agreed deadlines and quality.
Preferably has knowledge of the UK health system, the NHS and organisations like NICE and its role in providing economic evaluations and guidance.
In-depth practical knowledge of a range of research methods that can be applied to economic analysis.
Ideally a working knowledge of clinical epidemiology and clinical services rendered in major therapeutic areas; or the ability to gain such knowledge as projects arise in specific clinical areas.
Full job description available on request.
I specialise in Health Economics, Outcomes research & Epidemiology and partner some of the industries biggest companies as well as respected consultancies throughout Europe.
For more information on opportunities relevant to your experience, please contact Jamie Barr-Byford firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1293 776644 for a confidential chat.
Introduce a Friend or Colleague Reward!!!!
Refer a friend or a colleague to Barrington James today and earn £500 cash!
If you refer someone we are currently not aware of and we find them a new position we will give you both £250!
Barrington James is a specialist Pharmaceutical and Medical Device consultancy with well over 50 highly trained consultants that specialise in their own niche vertical markets. With offices in Europe, Asia and the US we are able to offer a truly global service to both our Clients and Candidates. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our unrivalled market knowledge and we offer a service that is thorough, professional and intelligent.
In addition to our permanent and contract recruitment services, we provide proactive search campaigns, advertising campaigns, dedicated account management and MSP and RPO services.