My client is looking for a CRO Business Development professional. This person will be responsible for strategic development and oversight of the business development and marketing strategies for the company. This person will play an important role in the corporate sales growth strategy and will be responsible for the management of all sales initiatives. Responsibilities include setting department goals, budgets and appropriately resourcing department staff to ensure successful execution of goals.
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with key decision makers at targeted clients.
- Develop and execute agreed upon marketing/business development plan to identify major customers, new opportunities and grow strong business influencer relationships for the purpose
- Conduct frequent contacts and on-site sales with customers including generating and qualifying leads prospects, assessing opportunities, and proposing and closing sales contracts.
- Act as a cross functional liaison to ensure that clinical and operational objectives align with business development strategies.
- Oversight of the BID and proposal process. This may include initiating, writing, reviewing, and completing BID proposals.
- Customize and perform general capabilities/BID defense presentations and ensure needed resources are available for effective presentations.
- Manage, plan and attend appropriate industry trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- Handle follow-up related to new projects and drive completion of scope of work and contractual documents.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Business Development or Marketing
- MUST HAVE A CRO SALES BACKGROUND
- 4-7 years sales of business development experience
- Intimate knowledge of the clinical research and biotech industries
- Previous experience in selling clinical research services
- Displayed organizational longevity